Job number: 81790214
Job Title: Research assistant
Job Type: Contract-3 months
This is a post based in Building 500, Discovery Park, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, CT13 9FF, Kent.
ZEAB Therapeutic LTD is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic, and motivated Research Assistant to provide administrative support for commercial clinical testing for Test to release (TTR) and general population, as subcontractors. This testing is supported by Agena Biosciences.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the administration and data management support for all aspects of the COVID-19 testing Delivery Team.
The post holder will need a willingness to learn about testing set-up, protocols and their application to practice, including local, national and international regulations, which should enable them to assist in the support of the testing delivery team. They should be willing to work flexibly to support the service, have excellent communication, organisational and computer literacy skills as well as being able to work well as part of a team.
MSc degree in Molecular Biology or equivalent
Research experience with proven track record in the form of publications is an advantage but not required. Experience of handling human samples. Knowledge of PCR/qPCR is an advantage.
The ability to speak English is desirable for this post.
- ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- ,responsible for COVID-19 testing using the iChroma system,. Assist senior scientists in undertaking COVID-19 testing using Agena MassArray Instrument.
- Independently. Monitor data administration including sample collection, and analysis and operation and maintenance of specialized equipment. Knowledge of safety standards and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Order or obtain materials for testing. Will keep appropriate testing records and documentation and analyse the results with the senior staff.
- May analyses, interprets, summarizes, and compiles data.
Performs routine and complex laboratory procedures throughout training period.
Operates and maintains equipment and instruments, under the supervision of senior staff.
Participation in laboratory meetings, keeping a lab notebook, performing calculations, tabulating data, summarizing methods and results. The individual will be expected to function efficiently and cooperatively with a team of professionals.
- Additional Information:
Scheduling flexibility including evening, weekend and holiday rotation commitment is required. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Travel may be required. Trainings via webinars, conferences and other office trainings are compulsory with this position.
Interviews for this post will be held on 2nd March 2021
For further details / informal visits and Application, contact:
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reference: ZEABjobs/106-RA024-0221